Thursday, October 29, 2009

Recession Swap - Questions 2 & 3

I'm late posting my "Recession Swap" blog questions so I'm combining two...

Question 2: Are you attending any Fiber Festivals this autumn? If so, which ones and why?
Autumn is too crazy for me to try to go out of town to a big fiber festival. Luckily, the Spinner's Flock in Chelsea (about 15 minutes away) has a very nice festival.

They held their fall festival on a Sunday (much better for me than a Saturday) and I was able to get over there. It was terrific! And quite a bit larger than I expected. I bought a few things (some hand-dyed roving, a "second" fleece at an incredible discount) and lusted after lots more!

I haven't gotten involved in their group -- mostly because they meet on Saturdays. But I'm going to try to attend the November meeting. I want to get back into spinning!

Question 3: What is your favorite cool weather recipe?
I love soups in cold weather! My favorite is easy and really yummy.

Heather's Crockpot Bean Soup
Put the following into a crockpot:
1 large jar (48 oz.) cooked Great Northern beans
1-2 cups chopped celery
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped carrots
1 quart canned tomatoes
1/4 cup dried parsley
2-3 cubes vegetable boullion

Turn the crockpot on low and cook all day. Shortly before serving stir in 1-2 cups of julienned fresh spinach. Cook just until wilted. Serve. Easy and warming!

1 comment:

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

Hi there,

Thought I would come check out your blog and was pleasantly suprised with a recipe created with my fav kitchen utensil-the CROCK POT! I will try it out this weekend!
-Robin